Who Are We?
We are group of parents, with some local councillors and TD, campaigning for the establishment of an Educate Together Second-Level School in Kildare South.
The Campaign was set up in September 2014 due to parental frustration at the lack of choice when looking at Second-Level educational options in the Kildare South region.
As a group of parents we would like:
- A welcoming inclusive school that is open to all, irrespective of faith.
- A school that is non-fee paying.
- A school that is co-educational.
- A school that places the emphasis on the learner, nurturing skills in creative & critical thinking, communications, teamwork, research and leadership.
- A good quality school that delivers academically and socially.
Many of us have had children in an Educate Together primary school and that very positive experience coupled with limited alternative options has motivated us to try and bring an Educate Together Second-Level school to Kildare South.
This campaign, while originally initiated by Educate Together Parents, is open to all irrespective of where your child goes to primary school.
How Can This Be Achieved?
We need to demonstrate sufficient parental demand for an Educate Together Second-Level school in Kildare South.
Key to this is collecting Expressions of Interest from parents.